Do you have a sweetie you’d like to celebrate with?
Here’s a little “Tea for Two” set that I created for the
Kaligrafos Annual Valentine’s Exchange.
Here’s the supplies and DIY instructions!
Supplies: Cup and Saucer from Ikea, FolkArt Enamel acrylic paint for Glass and Ceramics in White, Fire Engine Red and Parisian Pink from craft store, Pink shredded paper from the Dollar Store, Red and White heart wired ribbon, Pink tulle and heart on a stick (come in a package) from craft store, Valentine Godiva Chocolates in soft package. ( You can find these in a variety of stores.)
Instructions: 1. Wash the saucers before painting.
2. Letter and decorate cups and saucers:
I used a round brush and and lettered the wording around the cups.
3. Let dry for one hour, then bake in the oven at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Be sure to put them in the oven when it’s cool and don’t take them out until the oven has cooled.
If you aren’t comfortable lettering with a brush,
you could opt for an oil based paint marker that requires no baking.
4. Lay a piece of the red and white wired ribbon at the bottom of the cup with pink tulle on top of it.
5. Place pink shredded paper then five Godiva Chocolates in the ribbon/tulle.
6. Bring the tulle up to the center and tie in a knot. Place the heart on the stick inside the knot. Then tie the wired ribbon around the stick.
You’ll may need to shorten the stick depending on how long it is.
You could also add some tea bags along with the chocolates!
I think this could also be a fun kids craft with adult supervision.
Here’s some of the many beautiful valentine’s created or donated by Kaligrafos members:
1. Margaret Mall . 2. Victoria Pittman3. Betty Barna 4. Sherry Barber of Stone Manor Press 5. Rick Garlington ( 3 pics of outside and inside) 6. Sherry Barber of Stone Manor Press (Letterpress card and printed “cootie catcher”) 7. Suzanne Levy
Kaligrafos, (The Dallas Calligraphy Society) is a wonderful place to meet like minded letter lovers of all skill levels.
The regular monthly meetings are always informative and often instructional.
There are also wonderful workshops to attend where you can learn from local professionals as well as national lettering artists.
If you live anywhere near the Dallas/Ft. Worth area it’s worth checking out!
My newest release, Belluccia Bold is climbing the Hot New Fonts list! Thanks for loving it as much as the original!
Check out my other fonts by clicking on the graphics below.
Have a Tastey Tuesday!
My Cantoni Font is featured on the list of MyFonts Most Popular Fonts for 2013.
Dom Loves Mary was honored as a Rising Stars winner in November 2012
Belluccia was one of MyFonts Most Popular Fonts for 2011.